Please note that shoes are not included in this kit. You can use older shoes or purchase inexpensive canvas sneakers in your size at Target, K-Mart of Walmart. All images of shoes displayed here have been painted with our marbling kit, and they are absolutely awesome, and yours will be too!
This kit can paint about 4 pairs of shoes up to approximately an adult size 11 or 12, depending on shoe shape and design.
Water marbling, also known as Ebru, started in the 15th Century in Turkey, and continues to be a popular art style there today. It’s an easy and fun art that almost anyone can do, yet takes years to be designated as a master artist. Floating and swirling paint on top of water is fascinating and relaxing, and is sure to be a memorable experience no matter if you do this alone or with a friend. The finished coasters are quite beautiful, and can be given as a hand crafted gift for a wonderful lifetime keepsake – if you can part with them!
In this kit, you’ll get everything you need to get started with the ancient Turkish art form of painting on water, including:
- Carrageenan for water thickening
- Fabric mordant to help paint adhere to shoe surface (works best on canvas and leather)
- Colors included with this kit: Black, White, Blue, Yellow and Red
- 2 extra bottles for mixing your own colors
- Skewers for swirling and creating designs on water
- Disposable tray
- Nitrate free gloves
- Disposable apron
- Shoes not included!
- Additional supplies may be purchased to extend this kit, to paint a total of about 8 pairs of shoes. To do this, you would need to add additional Alum, and it is recommended that you purchase 2 additional bottles or more of colored paint (not white).
Please note that you can order additional paint colors or extra bottles of paint for a small fee.